Monday, January 24, 2005

Chocolate Muffins


Chocolate Muffin

Not quite perfect, but pretty yummicious!! I'm no great baker, but this time I liked what I made.

MrsTweety’s comment the other day somewhat triggered my chocolate cake craving, and I spent some time googling for a recipe of gooey chocolate cake. But there were just too many and when I picked one recipe site, I had no energy left to beat eggs to bake a cake. So I went for something quicker and easier…. Chocolate muffins.

I used this recipe, but without chocolate chips because I didn’t have any. And I thought it was better without them to enjoy the soft and rich texture of the muffins.



Well, to be honest, I was running out of baking powder and ended up using less than what the recipe called for. The muffins didn’t rise as much as I thought they would. And I used some leftover big paper muffin cups and put batter to less than half of each cup (so that they get done faster). So, after all, I’m not quite happy with the way they look. Still the taste and texture were not bad…
No, more than that… They were yummicious!


12 comments:

santos. said...

obachan--so pretty!

Ms One Boobie said...

Wow..!! obachan.. ;) your muffin look so rich..! Err.. wat did i say.. to trigger yer creation..?? hahah!

Fish Fish said...

Hey, obachan, the muffin sure look nice for fish fish.

chika said...

o they are pretty!

I do the same by the way, I'd spend too much time and energy searching for recipes on the net and in the books, and by the time I've got a few good ones I'd be too tired to try any :P

Anonymous said...

You're right, this doesn't look like a muffin, but it sure looks like a yummy, dense, rich, mini-chocolate cake! :)

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

obachan said...

> Santos --- Me? Oh, the muffins. Thanks. ; )

> MrsTweety --- You mentioned the magic word, ‘chocolate’ and I reacted like a Pavlovian dog

> fish fish --- Thanks. The taste is the most important thing anyway.

> chika --- Oh so glad to hear that I’m not the only one.

> OsloFoodie --- Does this look that way? I’m glad. How come you need to convince yourself that you’re not a chocolate lover?

> Julia --- Yeah, and again, the taste is what that matters the most, you know. I ate 3 of them on the same day.

Anonymous said...

It looks divine!! I have been lazy in the ktichen these days. No more baking :p Ohhh I wish I was in Kochi then I can visit you for all these yummy baked goods!! 

Posted by pinkcocoa

Anonymous said...

Obachan, because I am in denial :P... I used not to eat much of chocolate but now eating it more and more in cakes and bownies. 

Posted by OsloFoodie

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

Wow! This cake looks so good! I love chocolate.... =P 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

> pinkcocoa --- I really wish you could come! : )

> OsloFoodie --- It must be hard to deny when you are such a good baker who can bake that Pecan Nougat Brownie… ; )

> Reid --- When are you coming to Japan? If it’s going to be early Feb. you’ll be flooded with chocolates for St. Valentine’s Day everywhere you go in Japan. Be ready.
 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

I'll be there for a couple of days from the 21 Feb to 23 Feb. 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

Reid,
Too bad. The choco-craze will be over by then... :( 

Posted by obachan