Monday, May 23, 2005

Yakiniku!!


Yakiniku !!!!!

Last Thursday, I visited my friend in a small village in Kochi. There, my friend and her colleagues treated me at a nice Yakiniku restaurant!! Look! This kind of meat is so expensive. I can never afford to buy meat like this for my own meals. NEVER!

This was of course not all the meat we had. I just forgot taking pics once we started putting meat and vegetables on the grill and giving each other “henpai.” 
(If you want to know what henpai is, click here.)

IIRC, we grilled vegetables like cabbage, sliced pumpkins and green peppers, and also grilled prawns from the Shimanto River. Yum!! We even tried some adventurous ones like hachinosu (cow’s stomach wall from the 2nd stmach), harami (cow’s diaphragm) and nankotsu (chicken cartilage). They may sound awful if you just heard/read about them, but when they are properly prepared/grilled and dipped in a good, garlicky sauce, you’d be surprised how good they can be. I used to hate the mere idea of eating such things, but I've grown to enjoy their chewy texture and taste recently.


Anyway, this night, I ate more meat than I had eaten in one entire year last year, honestly.
:D
*Burp*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! no need to eat meat for the rest of the year then.. obachan..?? hahhaha!!  

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

obachan;
looks good!!!!!!!  

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

> MrsT --- That's right! ;)

> obachan --- Wow! So nice to hear from another obachan.
Welcome to my site! :) 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

LOL! =)

I like harami. It's probably one of my favorites when I go have yakiniku. =) 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

Hi Reid,
Oh, you like harami? That's nice, isn't it?  

Posted by obachan