Saturday, June 18, 2005

Macou's Bagel Sandwich - 2 -


Pastrami Pork & Sauerkraut Bagel sandwich

Since I couldn’t stand watching the same old infomercials on TV orer and over, I decided to go out and have lunch in a nearby park. Some photos are posted here.

It was December last year that I had Macou’s bagel sandwich last time, and I decided it was about time to try another one. This time I got pastrami pork & sauerkraut with plain bagels. Sauerkraut with bagels?! Hmmm….why not. And it was not bad. I didn’t really see why it had to be pastrami pork instead of beef, though.

Curiosity made me buy this “oxygenized water” in the pet bottle. To be honest, I didn’t know what good it does to you until I googled a little last night. (There was no explanation on the bottle.) Now I learned things like these. Though very convincing, I don’t think I want to keep buying this expensive kind of water.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..Obachan,
Saukraut is my absolute favourite.. with sandwiches.. :)  

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

MrsT,
Is it? To me eating it with bagels sounded a little "different" but it was OK. 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

obachan;
Ok....looks like a typical american lunch....ha ha
The water was interesting...I read the article...
hmmmmm..... 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan, I like the mark on the bagel, I think it's cute,hehe, and I like the fact that it has small hole on it. Here, our bagels have bigger hole thus it's kinda hard to make a sandwich out of it :[ Anyway, about the oxygenated water, I learned in my lecture, (sorry to say this, but..) it is actually not very useful. If we are in a normal condition, our red blood cell has enough concentration of oxygen, it's saturated, and no more oxygen is actually necessary. So...I think you can just spend ur money on other thing :P. Take care ^___^V 

Posted by K-Nina

Anonymous said...

> carlyn --- I guess bagels are very American, but I've never heard of the combination of bagels and sauerkraut before. Is it something popular?

> K-Nina --- Oh, is that so?! Thanks for telling me. I'll be more than happy to spend money on other things ;) 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Obachan;
No, bagels and sauerkraut are not very common, although I've seen it with kielbasa on a bagel.
Bagel sandwiches have become quite popular lately.. 

Posted by carlyn

Anonymous said...

I’ve been to Connecticut once and had Lender’s bagels there. It was 1983 or 1984.  

Posted by obachan