Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nice tea time I had today


"Cake set"

I dropped by a coffee shop after visiting the Paper Museum in a town called Ino-cho. What's on top of the cake was not a chestnut but pear compote. The brown-colored gelatin layer was caramel-flavored.

The people there were super-nice. The lady who works there drew me a nice map when I asked the way to the closest tram stop. I was too tired and forgot about time, so it was already 20 minutes past their closing time when I checked out, but they never said anything about that... They just nicely gave me a coupon book, and kept regretting not having enough time to give me a lot more information about sightseeing in Kochi.

P.S. Click here to share the good time I had today ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obachan;
The snack looks wonderful. I hope it tasted as good as it looks..And what better than kind service to makae the food taste even better...Hope your trip was enjoyable 

Posted by Carlyn

Anonymous said...

Yum, that looks delicious. Sounds like a nice shop with very nice people! 

Posted by Amanda

Anonymous said...

That cake looks great! It sounds like you had a nice trip. 

Posted by Nic

Anonymous said...

> carlyn --- Yep, the trip was enjoyable.

> Amanda --- The pear compote was pretty good :)

> Nic --- I certainly did.  

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Obachan,
It's so nice.. to have wonderful ppl around isn't it.. :) that would have made my day more.. than the tea and cake actually. :) 

Posted by MrsT

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

Wow! Caramel flavored gelatin sounds nice. Was it? 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

Hey MrsT,
I agree. I was lucky to stumble into a place like that.

Hi Reid,
It was nice. With only a hint of bitterness, it was a good match with the pear compote. 

Posted by obachan