Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ooops! -- Matcha Custard Pudding --


Matcha Custard Pudding

OK, I wouldn’t call this a total mess, but I couldn't help saying “OMG!” when this came out from the custard cup and landed on the plate. I didn’t expect it to turn out this flat.

Wondering what this is? It is, actually, matcha custard pudding made from soy milk, egg, sugar and matcha (ground green tea). Would have tasted much better if it wasn’t overdone and laughably short like this.

Well, I’ll do better next time ;P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

obachan;
How healthy!! May I ask what is on the top of the matcha custard? I haven't a clue, but it looks good. 

Posted by Carlyn

Anonymous said...

Obachan,

Thanks for the neat link! I thought the musubi set looked pretty tasty. You're right that Anpan Man bento did look pretty scary!! Especially when anpan is usually thought of as a sweet tasting pastry and not some salty whatever it was!?!! 

Posted by kyle

Anonymous said...

> carlyn --- It's sweet bean paste made from azuki beans.

> kyle --- To me, those dark holes that are supposed to be eyes look so evil :) 

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

ooh, but it looks so yummy!!!! would love to have your recipe.  

Posted by stef

Anonymous said...

Hi stef,
Thanks for dropping by :D Sorry, I want to work some more on this recipe, because it definitely needs some improvements. I'll post my recipe when it's finalized. Until then, please wait.  

Posted by obachan