Saturday, October 29, 2005

Salmon & Tomato Spaghetti


Salmon and Tomato Spaghetti

I had a quick and easy spaghetti dish for lunch today. The recipe was on the tag attached to the balsamico vinegar (by Mitzkan, a Japanese vinegar brand) I bought yesterday. It was a “chicken and tomato spaghetti” recipe and also called for shimeji mushrooms, but I substituted the chicken with salmon and shimeji with eringi mushrooms.

I have never tried seasoning spaghetti with balsamico vinegar before, and found it very tasty today. Too bad that I chickened out and didn’t add enough garlic. (I was going to see some people after lunch.) Next time I’ll try it with more garlic and maybe scallops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple as it is, it's a healthy dish. I love salmon and tomatoes, and scallops as well :)

KT121 said...

Hi obachan,

I like sphagetti with balsamic(balsamico?) vinegar+garlic,too!I'm fairly new to this combination though.When a friend of mine recommended it,the idea seemed pretty odd to me,adding a kind of vinegar to spaghetti??But it was a nice surprise as you know.

One of my fav dishes this summer was spaghetti with roasted vegetables(courgettes,red&yellow peppers,garlic,aubergines and onions)seasoned with balsamic vinegar.

I've got some hiratake mushrooms growing at home now so when they're ready,I'll try this salmon version.It looks yummy!

obachan said...

Amber Amethryne
I think seafood and tomatoes make a good combination, but never used salmon with tomatoes before. I couldn’t tell if that was a good combination in this dish, because I didn’t taste tomatoes almost at all…The vinegar and pepper almost overpowered the tomato flavor.

KT121
Yep, it was indeed a nice surprise. Roasted vegetable version sounds really healthy. It sounds like something I should try when I don’t feel like salad.

glutton rabbit
I’m thinking about trying some more salmon dishes this month.