Thursday, November 24, 2005

Marble Cake


Marble Cake

Big news!
I bought a new digital camera today. I went to see a local traditional festival yesterday, and my old, big, heavy, slow and stupid digital camera completely drove me nuts there! Though I didn’t even touched the power button, the power went off many times when I least expected/wanted it, and took such a long time to be back on!! So this afternoon I bought a smaller, lighter and smarter one for a good price, and life became a LOT easier. Yay!! :D

So this is what I made today to celebrate. This batch was a bit too much for my small loaf pan, so I baked this using a square cake tin. It rose more than expected and the top cracked much more than expected. :P I should have added a little more milk to the batter actually … This cake tastes OK but I do need a warm drink when I eat this.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks fabulous, Obachan!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks great obachan! I love how the chocolate swirls around the cake...mmm...deliciousness! ^_^

obachan said...

ghanima
Thanks! It actually looks better than it tastes. ;P

Evil Jungle Prince
Maybe licking the pixels can be another weight loss idea? ;)
I'm so happy with my new digital camera. The only regret is that I didn't buy it two days ago so that I could bring it to a local autumn festival.

Tea
Thank you. It's fun to make swirls and I always love the moment that I cut the first piece off to see inside :D

Nic said...

Beautiful cake - and the photos are excellent. Congrats on the new camera!

Anonymous said...

Hey what camera are u using? the marble cake got me drooling over my laptop. Haha

Joycelyn said...

hi obachan, very pretty pictures of a very pretty cake! simply gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

Cake? It looks great! But what happened to your Thanksgiving this year?

obachan said...

Nic
Thanks.

Minmin
It’s FinePix from FUJIFILM. Must be an old model. It was one of the least expensive ones that had all the functions I wanted and take AA batteries. :D

J
It’s so nice of you to say that. My photos won’t be as good as yours, but I’ll keep practicing.

Anonymous commenter
I’m going to celebrate a little belated Thanksgiving this weekend (because on Thursday I spent too much time looking for a digital camera, and Friday was the busiest day with 2 part-time jobs) so stay tuned! ;)

obachan said...

Elisa
Oh, good to hear from another chocolate lover ;) I used Van Houten cocoa for this marble cake. Good stuff.

Melissa
Thank you. This camera is definitely going to help me a great deal.

glutton rabbit
Thanks. The cake wasn’t a real great success, but the camera helped making it look better.

Anonymous said...

Hey, my mum baked some marble cakes too recently - as well as yam cakes, fruit cakes and caramel custard cakes. My sister made moist choc fudge cakes. Me? I'm not into baking, though I do enjoy cooking when I'm in the mood :)

obachan said...

Hi.
Mmmmm...I really have to ask your mom to adopt me.