Friday, December 23, 2005

C-B-Day!! **



Today is my Christmas baking day. I finally finished all the cookie-baking and now I'm ready for some icing work.

*****
Pim suggested that we give one last push for the Menu for Hope II campaign. Sorry I’m late again, but we still have more than half a day (well, depends on where you live) right? Dear readers, the deadline is coming closer. This campaign will end at 12am PST on Dec. 24th. Do visit Pim’s site and join this heartwarming campaign, if you haven't done so yet. She did a great work posting the entire menu in pictures, so don’t miss it!! :D

Just to give you a better idea of what I’m offering: a bottle of dried and ground yuzu rind and a small bag of instant sweet bean paste (powder)….





This photo shows the dried yuzu rind sprinkled on udon noodles. Too bad you can't smell this. (The darker yellow bits on wakame kelp are the yuzu rind. The brighter yellow thing is egg.) Hope this stimulates your appetite and make you head for the Menu for Hope II site. ;)
* Of course I'm offering a new, unopened bottle of yuzu rind.

OK. Now I’m going into the kitchen where a bunch of faceless gingerbread people are waiting for me! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obachan;
As usual your post is beautiful and your Christmas cookies look grand. Thank you so much for entertaining with such wonderful words and photos. I want to extend to you and your family, wishes for a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year....

Karen Baking Soda said...

Best wishes to you and your family, I love the way your cookies look already!

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered this blog of yours and I am amazed seeing all these wonderful pictures and recipes. Doumo arigatou for all this beauty! ^_^ Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

My best wishes, to you and your family, for a merry Christmas, and a healthy and happy New Year.
God bless, Christine in Los Angeles

obachan said...

carlyn
Oh, sure I must be entertaining many people with my funny English :D
Thanks for your kind wish. I wish you the same, too.

Baking Soda
Best wishes to you, too. They tasted good…better than the ones I made last year ; )

aoi
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment! Hontoni arigato.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Melissa
I hope you are having loads of fun there, too. Have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas, superwoman ;)

Christine in LA
Thank you. Wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year, too.