Saturday, December 10, 2005

Garden Report - December 2005 -



I don’t know if this is normal or not… My sunshine blue, which is supposed to be “semi-evergreen” turned beautifully into this color. Last year it was like this in November, and still blooming in December. Maybe it was fresh from a greenhouse when I bought it in November 2004.


Leaves of a few other plants turned colors, too. Look at the lemongrass. I didn’t know it would turn reddish in autumn.


Even my thyme leaves turned yellow, which didn’t happen last year. (Or are they sick?)


Rosemary is green, for sure. And I found a cute little flower :)

6 comments:

KT121 said...

I love autumn colours and your sunshine blue looks gorgeous!Thyme is pretty cold tolerant but they need to be kept on the dryish side in winter.Yellowing could be that the soil is too wet.

Anonymous said...

Hello Obachan,

I spent a lot of time in Japan as a child because of my dad's work, and I just wanted to tell you I love your website. I stumbled on it by chance and I think its charming. It brings back very good memories and I'm tempted to try some of your recipes.

cookiecrumb said...

Eat the flower, Obachan. Rosemary flowers are delicious.

obachan said...

KT121
Oh, really?! I didn’t know that. Yeah, I’ve been watering it almost every day, so maybe that's why. Thanks!

Anonymous commenter
Welcome to my site :D I’m glad that my blog brought you good childhood memories. Hope you keep coming back. :)

cookiecrumb
What?! Are they edible? How do you eat them… put them in salad or something?

Isil Simsek said...

Hi Obachan,
Liked your photos very much.
The sun shine sparkling on the leaves,so nice.

obachan said...

Yeah, my balcony is facing south and my herbs can get plenty of sunshine. I'm really happy about that (though it gets a little too hot in summer there.) :)