Monday, December 19, 2005

** Thank You **

Yes, I should have done this earlier. Sorry, I’m late --- as usual, but honestly, I didn’t expect anyone to nominate my blog for any type of award, so it didn’t occur to me to go through the site of 2005 Food Blog Awards until very recently.
Anyway, here I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to those who voted for my blog.
Thank you Melissa for nominating my site for Best Food Blog – Photography, and Thank you Amy and again Melissa for nominating it for – Theme: Japanese Food, and Thank you Arashi for nominating my humble blog for Best Food Blog – Recipe, even though I post recipes for only less than half of the entries.

I know these are not a great number of votes, but to me the fact that someone – more than one person – voted for my blog is just an unbelievable honor… So I had to do this.
Thanks, guys. :)

* The photo is my new camera and camera-case. Of course it was not made as a camera-case, but the size was perfect and I love the "welcoming-good-luck kitty," so I decided to keep my camera in it. Hope this kitty will bring you a good luck, too.

6 comments:

obachan said...

Thanks again ;)
BTW, I want to ask you, the avocado expert, a question. I'm heading over to your site now...

Anonymous said...

I wanted to vote for your site in a few categories, but alas, had to settle for one only as the comments for many other categories were closed. I hope you'll win one at least! :)

obachan said...

Thank you so much. I appreciate your vote so much. It’s hard to believe that some people voted for my blog for that award, though. People like Amy (Blue Lotus) or Jason (Pursuing my passions) seem to cook Japanese food more often and more authentically than I do. Honestly.

Karen Baking Soda said...

Wow Obachan, congratulations on your nomination, you must feel proud! I didn't know there was such thing as a blog award.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Obachan. You deserve it no matter what you say! :)

obachan said...

Baking Soda
Thanks, but I'm feeling rather guilty than proud, honestly. Looks like they started the award in 2004.

Amber Amethyrine
How nice of you to say that. :)