Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Saturday Night!


Tacos (From Old El Paso Taco Kit)

I had this sudden craving for Mexican food + beer at around 6:30 pm this evening. Maybe it had something to do with this weather today -- rainy in the morning, sunny and hot like summer in the late afternoon. So this was my supper tonight. Of course I had these tacos with (low malt) beer! :D

In case you're wondering, I didn’t use ground meat for this Mexican treat, because I had some leftover chicken breast fillets. Yes, that’s what the brown thing on the plate is.

Spicy food, cold beer and a movie on TV. Mmmmm…. Happy Saturday night.

Right now I’m taking a little break before dessert. I just came to my laptop to share my happiness with you all. And ice cream is waiting for me in the freezer now, and my kitchen and living room are pretty clean and tidy because a guy from gas company came to check the gas range/water heater this morning, and tomorrow is Sunday! Yay!!

OK. So much for now. Time for ice cream ;)


Categories:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Tex-Mex and try to find interesting substitutes for things too! What's the sauce in the background made with?

K and S said...

lovely dinner! ole!

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan - This brings back very nice memories of my Mom and I making these....back home in Hawaii, it was what we thought Mexican Food was.

Deetsa said...

Hmm... now I'm getting Mexican food cravings.

obachan said...

ghanima
Oh, sorry, I just used the taco sauce packed in the Taco Kit and didn’t pay any attention to its ingredients.

k&s
Yep, it was good (thanks to the pre-made sauce and seasoning mix in the kit). :P

kirk
I’m glad to hear that this brought back good memories. I guess my mom had never tried any Mexican food in her life and when she hears the word, “taco,” it would mean nothing but octopus to her. (In Japanese “tako” means octopus.)

nerissa
Why don’t you go for a Mexican dinner tonight? ;)

Anonymous said...

Obachan, your photos are getting pretty good. I will send you my recipe for pork carnitas tacos, if you are interested and if I can find it.

I just got my copy of the kaiseki book back from the printer and it is too lovely, it is under my pillow now, but I might get a gold chain made so I can wear it around my neck--well maybe not it weighs a lot.

obachan said...

Hi Mr food,
Oh, my photos are getting better? Thanks!
Yes, I'm interested in the taco recipe. Please email it to me at the address in my profile. I still have 6 taco shells left.

I can see how attached you are to the kaiseki book. Why don't you give the kaiseki necklace a try. (It'll be a good way to train your neck. LOL )