Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Was Too Lazy Today...


Oden (Cooked in instant oden soup)

Uh... Don't you ever expect me to tell you how to make a strange-looking boiled egg like this.
It's patented.
;)



OK. I lied. It’s not patented. (Of course.) :P
It was nothing but my laziness. When I boiled the egg, this was what I did: I took it out from the fridge and threw it in the hot water from the tap and boiled it over very high heat. Just wanted it done ASAP. I know. A big no-no. The egg cracked right away and about 1/8 of the egg came out from the crack in the shell. Yeah, the pointy top was the part that came out. The top of the egg yolk was covered with a very thin layer of the egg white, but it came off when I sliced the egg in half.

Well, I made a lot at one time, so this oden fed me for two nights.
I think I had enough for this winter...


Categories:

8 comments:

bourgogne said...

i LOVE oden especially the daikon. what is that pink ball on top?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing, what is it?

Anonymous said...

kudos on your hard boiled egg :) heart shaped egg yolk for Valentine's soon eh??

Anonymous said...

Yeah, haha. "Patented." Like this?
You are too cute.

thisisnaive said...

I am tempted to ask you the secret, but I'd expect it'll remain just that, a secret. I love oden too, haven't had it this winter...

obachan said...

Bourgogne
Mmmm. daikon is my favorite, too. That pink ball is steamed fish paste with artificial coloring.

Pip
Now you know. :)

Keona
Oh, boy, you have the most romantic imagination! The shape of the egg yolk reminded me of the face of a monkey. You know, the forehead.

Cookiecrumb
Sorry, I lied. :P
Oh, the bento site is just sooooooooooooo cute! That’s my dream. The bento, the template… everything!

Little nutbrown hare
Well, now the secret is revealed. ;) A bit disillusioning, isn’t it?

Anonymous said...

I like winter. It's my favorite season. (^_^)

Now I'm envisioning a line of plastic molds that can be used to shape eggs when boiled. Heart-shaped eggs for bentos and the like. Hmmm...

BTW, you've been tagged for my Save Our Faves 2007 food blogger meme. Check out my post for the meme here. Hope you can join the fun. =)

obachan said...

It's amazing how the appearance can affect its taste.
Thanks for tagging me. The meme sounds like fun, but you have to forgive me for playing it a little differently. Not many local people read my blog; the majority of my readers live outside this prefecture or this country, so I can't ask them to come and eat at my favorite place. Haha...