Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Before the Summer Is Over...


Tomato and Zucchini Pasta

Did someone say, "This summer I’m interested in expanding my repertoire of Italian dishes?" Do you remember reading something like that? Oh well, that person must have thought that she had to keep her word and make another Italian dish before the end of summer. Hahaha...

Honestly, it's getting cooler here -- FINALLY! I don't need to have the air conditioner on at night any more. And a couple of red dragonflies I saw today told me that the summer is almost gone, which pressured me to cook (and post) at least one more Italian dish before it is officially autumn.

So, this was a quick, easy and tasty lunch I whipped up today. I got this idea from someone's blog (Japanese) several days ago. Actually she added things like balsamic vinegar and anchovy, but what I made today was much closer to this English recipe, if you're interested. It was still very good without those fancy stuff, I would say.

BTW, I had good luck with my basil this year. The leaves did not grow big like previous years, but the plants were healthier and absolutely no insect problem! :D


Categories:

6 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A nice summery dish!

Here, it already feels like autumn...

K and S said...

looks delicious! still hot during the days in osaka. can't wait until autumn.

Anonymous said...

Obachan,
Great idea! our zucchinis just keeps growing in our garden. So far, I made zucchini loaf, fried zucchini, zucchini tempura etc... next we have our squash growing so maybe for our autmn soup?

obachan said...

Rosa's Yummy yums
It must be so beautiful over there in autumn. I always enjoy the scenery photos you post on your blog and can't wait to see more. :)

K & S
Yeah, I've been to Minoo in autumn once. It was so nice and beautiful.(Are those wild monkeys behaving these days??)

Cocogirl
Oh, zucchini tempura! You know what? Even the kaiseki place I used to work at served zucchini tempura. It's my favorite.

Hungry Hamster said...

That's one very beautiful pasta!

obachan said...

Thank you, Hungry hamster! :D