Thursday, November 08, 2007

Let Me Show You My New Gas Stove (While It Is Still New And Clean...)


My New Gas Stove With Grill (YAY!)

No, it's not that I suddenly became rich or I won a lottery. For whatever reason, Kochi city had decided that now the town where I live in should change from the old-type city gas to natural gas. Those who live in Japan probably know that our city gas is classified into several types, such as 6A, 5C, 13A etc. Ours has just changed from 5B to 13A. Our gas appliances had to be adjusted accordingly. I could have kept my old gas stove with the necessary adjustment done, but its left burner was almost broke and the gas company gave a big discount on 13A type gas stoves, so I decided to go for a new one. This one was almost 50% OFF. Good decision, right? ;)

On Monday and Tuesday, apx. 1 hour on each day, I had to stay at home while a guy from the gas company worked in my kitchen and the balcony (because the water heater is on the balcony). It was such a bummer, but I guess it was worth it. I'm so happy with this new gas stove, especially this grill! Now I can throw away my old and smelly electric griller which I had to use on the kitchen floor because there was no space for it on the table. :D

This past week was not my lucky week, but this new change really made a difference now. Oh, I can't wait to use this grill...
Maybe tonight.


Categories:

14 comments:

K and S said...

I had no idea that they classify gas! Your new stove looks great! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

oooo.. love the gas grill!!

child-prodigy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
child-prodigy said...

wow, I haven't been to your page in awhile, but that stove looks really nice. Almost 50% off what a good deal!

Charlotte-Ann Photography said...

Congrats on the new grill! I'm sure it will get lots of use :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Obachan,

Bet going to be alots of cooking cooking on the way.Keep it up dear girl.Keep the fire burning high*
Lots of love malaysiaelayne

Anonymous said...

Your stove is so cuute...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan,

I have been following your blog for quite some time.. All the way from Singapore :) I really love how your food looks delicious and yet wholesome at the same time! I must say it is one of my dreams to be able to cook as often and well as you, and hopefully be able to share the food with a loved one.

Your blog is truly a joy to read.. All the best ! :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great! Really cute...

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new stove! You can make even more great food with your new equipment now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Obachan~! Hope all is well in our life~ Congratulations on your new stove/grill! I expect to see lots of new recipes now! :)

Anonymous said...

your* life haha! ><

obachan said...

K & S
Thanks. Honestly, the new stove has brightened up my life. It feels great that I don’t have to try more than ten times to light the left burner! :D

Tiptup
Yep! And the post about the first fish grilled in there is coming soon…

Child-prodigy
Yeah, I’m really happy about the discount. Yesterday I talked with the lady living downstairs. The guy from the gas company went to her place before he came to my place, on the same day. She said that she bought a new gas stove, too, just like I did.

My bento diet
Definitely yes. ;)

Malaysiaelayne
Yeah, I knew cooking is a lot of fun, but now I know that cooking is more fun when you have a good stove.

Keona
Well, it’s much bigger than the previous one, so to me it looks more… dependable? than cute.

Justagirl
Thank you so much for your nice comment. I feel the same way… I hope to be able to share the food with a loved one. (And it would be even better if the loved one would cook and do the dishes when I don’t feel like it. :P )

Rosa’s yummy yums
It’s interesting that some people find this stove cute. To me this still looks pretty big and heavy, compared to the previous one. But anyway it makes me happy when I see it. : )

Lannae
Haha… thank you. I’m not sure if my food is going to be more great, but at least I’ll be cooking more often, and with more happiness.

Gabriel
Oh, let’s wish well for both of us ;) I can’t promise new “recipes” -- you know how bad I am about posting recipes – but at least I will be cooking more often.

Rei said...

Very nice looking gas stove and grill. I trust it is performing well, since all the fabulous cooking coming from your Kitchen and Balcony Garden since November.