Monday, December 10, 2007

Grilled Salmon with Yuzu Miso

......................................... INGREDIENTS
Salmon fillets
salt to taste
(sake... optional)
Yuzu miso





Instruction is basically the same as grilled cod. Sprinkle salmon fillets with salt (and sake). Leave for apx. 5 minutes. Slather yuzu miso on top and grill until the salmon is done.
(* My grill heats from the top only, so I always grill one side of the fish without miso first. When that side is done, I turn over the fish and slather miso on top and grill until the miso is slightly burnt.)

To tell you the truth, I added a little mayonnaise to yuzu miso this time to experiment, but I didn't care for it too much. IMHO, the mayonnaise somewhat hid the yuzu fragrance and added unnecessary greasiness. (Cheese might work better than mayonnaise, but not sure. Yuzu kosho and mayonnaise on salmon might be a better choice.)

0 comments: