Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Talking about Tempura...

Guess what. My tempura photo from my kaiseki post (2006 Autumn) is now used in a splash screen of a free software. Check this out!

To me this was a kind of flattering experience. According to this guy -- a Man in the TERRA as he calls himself-- he had been wanting to use a tempura photo for the software he made recently. He did some net search, found my tempura photo and liked it. Maybe fate played a part in this?

Anyway, when I got his email asking for permission to use the photo as a splash image, first I thought it was some kind of joke. But he was very polite, considerate and copyright-conscious all the way through, and I liked the idea of my photo being used for something useful (it's not that my photos are not useful as they are posted on this foodblog, but you know what I mean...), I finally said to myself, "Oh, why not!" :D

From now, even those who have no interest in tempura per se would have to be forced to see my tempura photo for several seconds every time they load this free software. Ha-ha-ha. (There seems to be something that flatters my ego here... ) ;)


Categories:


5 comments:

K and S said...

That is so cool! Way to go!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that's great!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

It was not a joke. :-) I thought your tempura photo had attractive colors when I saw it at the first time. Second, I felt it was not an accidental product but well designed product from a beginning. There are a lot of tempura photos in the Internet. However, other tempura attires themselves in heavy flour coating and the coating made them toneless stuffs. There was well balanced spaces around tempura and it was well suited to splash image. (Because I need space to put the software title in the image.) It was not permitted to make a derivative works like splash image. However, the photo was so attractive, I decided to get a permission from you.

Obachan, I thank you again for your permission to use your photo in the splash image. I registered your blog in my blog reader and I am enjoying reading your other articles.

Sorry for long comment.

Bye-bye.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful image of tempura. It looks very Japanese, I don't know how to explain it.

So now you're world famous, right?

obachan said...

K & S
Thanks! :)

Rosa
Yeah. I'm lucky.

A Man in the Terra
I thank YOU for letting this happen. To me this whole thing was just like an unexpected gift. I mean it.

Thanks again, and good luck with all your work. :) I think it's generous of you to share your hard work (softwares) for free.

Christine
Well, I was world famous among foodies, but now I'm world famous among those who are interested in templates, too. Ha-ha-ha ;)