Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sweet Potato & Apple Cake

Sweet Potato and Apple Cake

Just wanted to enjoy the heavenly aromatic harmony of sweet potato, apple, Cinnamon and butter on a Sunday afternoon.

I was planning to go fishing this weekend, but the typhoon (Sinlaku) blew my plan. So, instead, I baked this cake, cut it into sticks like this, and enjoyed it as I painted a watercolor and later read a couple of (comic) books. Ah, domestic fun! :P



There was a murder in town the day before yesterday. The place was near the bento shop where I often buy bento on my way home from work. When I was riding my bike there yesterday, I was stopped by a detective and asked if I had seen any stranger (with a knife) around there on the day of the murder. Wow! Just like a TV drama! Unfortunately, the murderer has not been found yet.


Categories:

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A beautiful cake which must taste extremely good! Nice combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Pinkity said...

Be careful Obachan!! :D Love how the cake looks and am craving for some now T.T

Thanks for sharing again~

Unknown said...

Nice cake! Not a nice story. Obachan, please be careful! I am sorry there was a murder near you.

Anonymous said...

Wow that cake looks super delicious! Is it possible to read your recipes anywhere?

What a brutal story, Please take care! T.T

Amelia Yap said...

hi there obachan!

Is it possible for me to get a copy of this recipe?
It looks really yummy and sounds good!!

Thank u!

Hopefully they find the murderer.. sounds so scary...

Anonymous said...

It seems you can't escape from violence anywhere.

But it's good to have a peaceful break with cake and painting. Is your painting up on your other blog?

obachan said...

Rosa
It tasted good (I'm not sure if I can call this "beautiful," though).

Pinkity
Thanks. I'll be careful.
Actually the police thinks that the murderer already left Japan so maybe it's safer here.

Lannae
Thanks for your concern. I'll be careful.

Chu and Amilia
I'll see what I can do about the recipe. Please email me. (Right click on the "Email Me!" link on the right sidebar and copy-n-paste the email address.)

Christine
That's true. And money-related resentment must be always so deep no matter where. -Sigh-

Yep, my latest painting is up, but I don't like it very much and I don't really recommend you to take a look at it. Hahaha...