Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Garden Report - October 2008 -


My Sunshine Blue is going to survive! :D

It's kinda hard to believe that I used to post garden report monthly. I guess I'm getting older and lazier. :P

Anyway, as you see, about one third of my blueberry plant looks dead. It was the crazy summer heat that caused this trouble. But the lower part seems OK, so I think this baby is going to survive and give me a handful of berries next year. (I removed the dead part after taking this shot.)


Sweet Marjoram and Mint

They never die. No matter what. Amazing.


Young Mizuna

And I'm looking forward to using this mizna for nabe (hotpot dishes) this winter. ;)


Categories:

2 comments:

Marcela said...

Hi Obachan. Glad to know the blueberry bush will survive. I remember reading about one of the first blueberries you collected, in one of my first visits to your blog. :)
The mizuna looks similar to baby rucula...Beautiful.
Take care,
Marcela

Anonymous said...

oh obachan, your blog is fantastic!!!

greetings from italy.
daria